[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Butterfly Books Temporary Permission
In order to support schools and libraries and encourage read-aloud experiences during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are happy for educators and librarians to share our books with young readers, but we ask for your help in protecting our creators’ copyrights.
We can permit educators to create virtual readings of any of our titles at no charge within a closed platform for non-commercial use only, in the following ways until June 30, 2021:
- Please note at the beginning of the video that you are reading with permission from Butterfly Books, and please note the title, authors and illustrator of the book.
- Please only post your video through a private platform or closed group with limited access for your students only.
- Please delete your video or disable access by June 30, 2021.
- If you or your students do not have ready access to a private platform, then you may use a public platform like YouTube to livestream a reading. Appropriate measures should be taken to ensure that videos of the live events are not retained on the public social media platform.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your name, school, city and the title and of the book(s) you read online and the platform to be used.
- We would love to follow along with your read-aloud announcements, so please tag Butterfly Books social media in your posts! Twitter: @ButterflyBooks Instagram: @ButterflyBooksltd Facebook: @ButterflyBooksltd
Other organisations who are doing similar readings and/or live events should first contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and once approved follow the above guidelines. Events may not be maintained in the archive of the social media platform used and appropriate measures should be taken to ensure that videos of the live events are not retained. Because these platforms automatically archive live events by default, when your event has concluded, please locate the recorded live video in your account (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and delete it.
Only the reading of the first two pages of any of our books my be retained online (via websites / social media platforms etc) for public viewing. A link to our website should then be provided: https://www.butterflybooks.uk/
These terms are in effect until June 30, 2021.
By posting a reading, you are agreeing to abide by the above guidelines.
Any other organization or charity that is interested in doing online reading of our books should contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for all you are doing to help young people and their families through this difficult time.